Monday, November 15, 2004

Upgrade off the Path...

Well today was a resulted in an unplanned upgrade. Valavien stumpled across a real bargin for me today. Having recently upgrading my TV I've been keen to get a STB with Component out to take advantage of the better quality, Component switching on the Yamaha and helping the Loewe figure out it's Screen ratio a little better (it seems to struggle with S-Video inputs). I'd also thought about a PVR because it's very seldom I'm home when any good TV is acually on. It is widely reported that the Topfield PVR5000T is the about the best PVR on the marked but the $1100 RRP is usually a bit of a stumbling block.

Fortunately Valavien found one at Harvey Norman on a 50% off table and managed to get the system for $550 with a 5 year warranty!! So I'm now the proud owner of a new STB-PVR. Looks like it will be a fair while before The Upgrade Path starts rolling again.
Thanks again Valavien!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The best bit was that I also got the satisfaction of a purchase.

Valavien