Monday, November 22, 2004

The art of Hero (and chocolate skill testers!)

I had an excursion to the 'real' cinema last night to catch Hero (something I'd been dying to see since I'd seen a preview for it months ago).
We went with my cousin, who I discovered is the best person to have on a trip to the movies. I'd always seen the 'skill testers' in the arcades stacked with chocolate, but had always written them off as a rip off. My cousin, however, certainly has the skills for this test! For a few dollars see managed to pack her hand bag with more chocolate than the three of us could eat in the movie.

Now where was I? Anyway? Oh, anyway the movie was fantastic! It was like watching an artist create a masterpiece on canvas. I admit it is not everyone's cup of tea but I find these movies incredibly relaxing and peaceful experience.

The visuals were just breathtaking and teamed with the authentic orchestral score it was like wondering through a gallery whilst enjoying a symphony.

It will definately take up place on my list of must have DVDs (I'll probably still be munching on the last of the chocolate by the time it comes out)


No comments: