Thursday, November 18, 2004

Cable Thoughts

So I thought I’d post a few of the Cable options that I’d been researching. First of all a bit of background, I’m currently looking at upgrading all the video sources to component video (i.e. STB and DVD player). All the sources are hooked into my Receiver via S-Video for Video Switching, the DVD player is currently hooked up directly to the TV via an IXOS 5 RCA to SCART (Component Video and Sound). I’m looking at moving the 5 RCA to SCART connection to the output of the Component Switching section of the Receiver. To accomplish this I’m looking at using the following IXOS cables to do the connection.

XHV704 (1713) Component Video 3 RCA to 3 RCA


This would be used to connect the DVD Player to the Receiver

XHD608 (1052) Silver Plated Digital

This would be used to connect the Audio for the DVD player to the Receiver.

144AV (1052) SCART to 5 RCA Component Video and Audio
This would be used to connect the STB to the Receiver, This is the same cable as I have connecting the TV to the DVD player at the moment but I cannot find it anywhere on the web (some stores claim such a cable doesn’t exist)


No comments: