Sunday, November 14, 2004

Tunes on a Sunday

Well I've had a pretty laid back Sunday today... I've spent most of the morning listening to a few CDs and I thought I'd post up what music I'd be listening to during the weekend (I must admit I did take some inspiration from Valavien for this one).


To start off with I'm still Musical-ing at the moment so my Muse CDs always get a work out. There is nothing like belting out Time is running out or Plug in Baby to get your vocal chords going. I have a bit of a system going, for Fridays Performance I listen to Muse - Absolution (because I always find I'm a bit flatter after a day at work and Butterflies and Hurricanes always lifts the spirit) Saturday is Muse - Origin of Symmetry so I can have an angry run through Feeling Good. I find their stuff pretty inspiring so it's always good to get you in the mood.

While I was waiting to head out on Saturday I had another run over Jamie Cullum, he's still hasn't jumped into my favorite CD list but I'm willing to give it a few more runs. I will admit when it was background music it didn't annoy me anywhere a much.

I also had a run over a trusty favorite today. Spun up some Jamiroquai although, picking one of his albums as a favorite would be like trying to pick a favorite component :) , I do have a bit of a soft sport for his latest offering.

I also have some new music on the radar that I'll be keen to get. The first is from a song I heard on the Js the other morning Chris Joss - Discotheque Dancing a very funky tune to get your feet tapping, although the film clip is a little on the psychedelic side. The other is not so new but I stumbled across it whilst searching for Jamiroquai stuff and never knew of it's existence, it's a CD compiled by Jay Kay with some of the songs that inspire him on the Jamiroquai albums...

No comments: