Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Topfield moves into Stage 2



Unlike the first day it arrived I managed to spend a bit more time with the setup of the new box last night. Having only setup the system to watch digital broadcasts there were still quite a few options and bits of tweaking that needed to be done. The list of things for stage 2 are as follows:-

  • Setup 2nd tuner via loop of RF out from tuner1 and copied all the digital services to the second tuner, got a Picture in Picture (PIP) going, in my book a completely useless feature but it’s a nice show off technique
  • Enabled Live TV, had a bit of a play with moving around the program I was watching, during the Simpsons (pausing, rewinding, etc) found out that if you change channels etc you loose your buffer…
  • Recorded CSI and Cold Case whilst watching them and setup the system to record a show in the middle of the night (just to check the timer setup was working)

Still haven’t managed to get the Digital Audio to work so far but there are a few post around about buggy audio dropouts via the Toslink so I’m running on analogue audio for the moment, no big deal ATM. Component still hasn’t been hooked up but I need to source some IXOS Scart leads before that will be done.

I’m testing the dual recording feature tonight with Law and Order and CSI:Miami.

I’m also in the process of looking at ProjectX for demuxing the Topfield’s .REC files (I downloaded the precompiled version Project X 0.81.7.05 vom 02.07.2004 (27MB with JRE)


No comments: