Tuesday, November 16, 2004

New Arrival

Late lastnight I welcomed our newest arrival into the house. The Topfield was delivered at around 10:30 last night. Dying to see how it went I immediately took it out of the box and hooked it up.

The setup was relatively easy, simply hooking it up in replace of the Thomson DVB and I was off (after I hooked the antenna cable to the right socket). A quick navigation through the menu to kick off the automatic channel selection and I was watching Digital on the Topfield (total time 10mins). I haven't upgraded to component cabling as yet, but the picture is impressive even with s-video, Nor have I got digital audio up and running, but it's early days. (on a side note it did integrate with the Loewe much better, the automatic aspect ratio detection identified the 16:9 ratio immediately where it was often confused when connected to the Thomson)
The OSD and Guide are easily navigated and I was pleased to find the ability to delete channels from the list.

As I had to leave early this morning for a Microsoft Product event I haven't had much time to play with the PVR side. I'm thinking CSI Tonight might be it's first run.


No comments: