Thursday, November 11, 2004

15% off claims another victum

Oh so I was across at K-mart at lunchtime. Noticed that they had 15% off so of course I made a line straight for the DVD section. The trouble was I couldn't decide on any DVD to buy... I went from having about 5 in my hand to 1 back to 4 and ultimately gave up. Most of the DVDs I was looking at were new releases and decided that getting ex-rental from Blockbuster in a couple of weeks was probably a better option...

However, in a moment of weakness and not willing to let the 15% off go, I picked up the Jamie Cullum CD.

I thought... "There are lots of people raving about it", "There's a few standards on here I like", "Can't be that bad"

Unfortunately it really hasn't impressed me. I just feel in most of the songs that he's re-made in trying to "make them his own" he's missed the point of the song in the first place... You never know... it might grow on me...

No comments: