Sunday, November 14, 2004

Looks like a nice addition

Whilst shopping around this weekend, (as you do) I stumbled across this little gem.

Yamaha's CDR-HD1300. The unit is a CD recorder with a built in harddisk (80Gb). It allows you to copy music from CD at 10x rate and then burn a compolation from any of the selected tracks at 8x. The unit won an award in What-Hifi Awards 2004 although it was released in 2003. There were never many units sold here simply because of the cost (about $3k). This one was fairly cheap on discount so it's fairly economical at the moment. However it is a little bit of a waste as I already have a 300 Disc changer, but I don't have a CD-R.

I'll see if I can talk them down anymore.... :)



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Where will it live??
There are many, many more things that need to be done first ... like getting a new lounge, culling the What HiFi? collection etc etc etc ...
And I do think that you made a mistake on listing your upgrade path ...