Monday, September 12, 2005

A weekend with the little black box.

This weekend's gaming with the Gamecube really came to the fore. (although nihtendo in general got pretty good representation with Ness's new found addiction to her DS)
With the release of the new Mario party gone on the horizon I got together with a few friends to play Mario Party 5. Which resulted in a lot of yelling and fist shaking. There is nothing complex about the game or the game play but once you put 4 people in charge of a controller with only their button mashing skills to get them by it results in a whole lot of fun!
The Kongas also got a thorough work out, AJ and Tom came over to work on some more things with their wedding. This of course was punctuated with Donkey konga battles and unlocking more levels in Jungle beat. Even managed to fit in a few Melee rounds of smash bros. (AJ and Tom are now officially the Only people that will play me)
Much of last night was spent blasting my way through the star wars Universe. Having finished Bard's Tale I was looking for a long playing title for one of my consoles. I had decided that RE4 would fill the role but it's proving a hard title to find!
In a moment of weakness I saw Rouge Leader: Rebel Assault, a game I'd wanted when it was released. At $20 It was hard to go past. The first thing I noticed was the difference in difficulty over the last Rogue Leader title (eg. it didn't take me 176 goes to get the medals in the first stage) that said it's still challenging. The added first person levels are a nice touch and integrate well into the flow of the missions.
My favorite aspect though is getting to fly a jedi star fighter and use the sonic charges! (hang on weren't they the weapon on the bounty hunter ship? Oh well they still cool!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Rouge Leader" that sounds like a game you play at The Wickham

Unknown said...

Yes Yes very funny... the obvious perils of writing your blog on your PDA whilst on the bus....