Monday, September 12, 2005

And everything that wasn't about gaming!

Although from my previous post it looked like I did nothing but sit glued to my Gamecube all weekend, it wasn't entirely true.

Managed to catch up on a couple of movies. Something I hadn't seen before (which has amazed everyone) was Police Academy. A pretty mindless watch, but it was hilarious! In the vain of mindless watches I also picked up a cheap copy of Sky Captain And The World Of Tomorrow.

From all the reviews I'd read and the reports I'd heard I really wasn't expecting much from the movie, but in the end I really enjoyed it. It's very much a switch you're mind off at the door, but it was still a pretty good way to spend an hour and a half.
Lastly I discovered that the Encel Stores in Brisbane are closing down and are having a floorstock cleareance. This is always dangerous, particularly when you find an unusual and bargin set of speakers.


The Klipsch Heresy II is a Floorstanding speaker from their Heritage series which boasts a 12" driver as well as efficient high frequency and midrange horn drivers. Being from the Heritage series they have a very retro feel and would be right at home belting out tunes from my turntable.Hifi World Magazine describe them as
Horn and infinite-baffle hybrid with power to spare. Phasing and frequency accurate beyond belief.

Their most impressive statistic though is the fact that they've been reduced from $5499 to $1999...

No comments: