Thursday, September 29, 2005

So... it's 2am... and I'm blogging!?

Well I figure since it's 2am what's another 10 minutes??

Today has been a bit of a joyous day . I've just finished packaging up some fixes for a customer's system that's in UAT (for those less involved in software development, which could be argued slight better off, that User Acceptance Testing). There were a few issues (more than I expected but that was probably just wishful thinking) some were product, some design, some confusion between design and requirements, some were miscommunication in the doco and some were just self inflicted. I could start off on a long story about all the fun of the UAT results from today, but I'm trying to limit myself to 10 miutes so I can get to bed.
I've been in training all week, for which I have an exam tomorrow and for which I've done no preparation because I've been working on the fixes. Hopefully it's not as painful as the last exam... Although I'm not liking my chances the way the end of this week is turning out.
On the brighter side I've discovered some tracks on the MD that I ripped before I left for Snowy last week that I didn't even know I owned :), me thinks I need to get a better CD cataloguing system...
Also as we're on the brighter side... The problems with UAT at the customer does mean I get to come home a day early from Sydney, which means I get to see Ness before she goes on Soccer Camp!

Well it's 2:09 so it's off to bed. (at least I'll be too tired to be stressed about the exam)

Oh, maybe not bed yet... just remembered I need to pack as I'm going home tomorrow! :(

1 comment:

Amaya said...

Ugh. Unimpressed they made you do it after work, currently want to punch anyone who worked on the development of the base package. I'm sure you understand the feeling.

Sorry :(