Monday, September 05, 2005

Great (and really cheap) Jazz CD

I found this CD in the ABC Shop on the weekend. ABC JAZZ / JAZZ WITHOUT BORDERS is a sampler CD released showcasing the variety of artists in the ABC Jazz label. The most amazing thing is the cost! $4.95 is cheap in anyones language and it's a beautifully recorded compolation.
The opening track No More Blues - THE IDEA OF NORTH (A.Jobim arr. N. Crellin) is an awesome vocal arrangement. I've only had a little bit of time to listen and managed to get through the first 4 or 5 tracks but it's been a joy to listen! I would recommend picking up a copy, especially at the great price.

In other music related news I hope my new neighbours like Muse! I was relatively grumpy on Saturday morning and as a result decided I needed a bit of Muse - Absolution soul cleansing. The process is pretty much playing the CD at pretty high volumes and singing as loud as you can (usually trying to be louder than the stereo). By the time you've go to the Butterflies and Hurricanes track you're back in a happy place. So if my neighbours haven't heard the album before... they sure have now!

No comments: