Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Stupid XDA

I have an XDAII which is basically my phone and PDA etc. I've been using one for a while now (pretty much since the first XDA was around). My recent run of posting (which was not due to skipping sleep that Ben tried to indicate) has been the result of the discover that I can email my blog AND my XDA has email. (I know mind like a steel trap!) As a result most of the time I spend in the bus (which is generally accompanied by deep thought) can be used to commit musing to paper (or email). Today however my trusty XDA decided to :-

  • Lock up and flash all the external lights (which made me look like I was a member of the Jamster Mobile club)
  • Upon reset decided not to turn on (not a good sign)
  • Require several battery replacements and a new SIM card

Finally once it came back to life it had (obviously I hear you say) hard reset losing everything I had on it. Luckily I have fairly regular backups and sync all the important stuff to my PC except on Sunday I changed phone providers got completely new settings which I hadn't backed up yet. So for most of the day I was without phone and mobile email which meant no blogging.... oh well hopefully it's back to blogging tomorrow!

No comments: