Wednesday, August 10, 2005

The MacDonalds of Coffee

As I sit here wondering what I'm going to do to fill half hour, with a great urge to game but fresh out of consoles. In my haste to leave this morning and needing the space for my music books (the irony of which is that's what I'm waiting half an hour for) I took my gba out of my bag and I haven't reinstalled Warlords an my xda since it was reset. I dare not venture into an arcade for fear of reigniting an addiction resulting in missing my lesson and spending buckets of money. (damn it my foot's gone to sleep) I've taken up a seat at the Mac Donalds of Coffee shops and consumed what looked like a cappuccino while I can hear everyone discussing their day. At the table across from me there are a couple of co-workers discussing a requirements or design document for a contact management system.They laugh about the fact they are so much smarter than their client and everthing they write will be over the client's head. I just enjoy the thought that their frame of mind will come back to haunt them.
Put a bit more thought into the design of my console driven arcade machine (at the same time realise I may be pushing the boundaries on geekiness and normal existence with this one but continue on any way). Thought that a gamecube would be the logical choice due to the gba player availability and size of the unit. A nice option would be a modded x-box allowing games to be stored, obviously there are ethical not to mention cost issues with that option.
Well enough about gaming it's off to music!

No comments: