Thursday, August 04, 2005

2 Aussies, 2 Englishmen and a Frenchman

No I'm not about to spring into some long winded bar joke. With my new found appreciation of the Hi-MD format I've been enjoying most of the funkier albums in my collection.

As I came in this morning I was treated to a more than favorable random selection. As my smile beamed it got me thinking, "what would be my favorite tracks to get a smile on your face and your feet tapping?" (and not Little Vicky tappa tappa tappa style!)

So I started a top 5 list, I figured I should have a limit and 5 was as good as any. Here goes (in no particular order)

  • DJ FDEL - Ladies & Gentlemen
  • Basement Jaxx – Do your Thing
  • Rhibosome - Get Ready
  • Chris Joss - Discotheque Dancing
  • Jamiroquai - Canned Heat

(so now the title makes sense)

I picked this list because these songs always make me want to get up dance. There were heaps of others in the running like, Daft Punk's Digital Love, St Germain's Alabama Blues, The remix of Do you wanna and a whole host of tracks from Jamiroquai and Cat Empire. However these have been my 'look forward to' tracks on the morning commute so they made the list.

I'd be interested to hear anyone elses list...

No comments: