Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Project appreciation

It's been a few months since my Red Project Turntable arrived and I've really struggled to do it justice. Since the initial setup I realized my current setup didn't really present an environment conclusive to playing LPs. The only available space I had was between squeezed the Loewe and one af the Wharfedales. With the combination of Electro-Magnetic interference and vibrations the sound was less then optimal. Obviously the ideal situation is to have a dedicated system for the Project with a dedicated stand. Currently I don't have the space to support two dedicated systems.
As I'm moving at the end of the year to a place (new unit yay!) there will be sufficient space to support two systems in the living room (but probably not the budget). However, I am going to be building a dedicated cabinet for all of the gear which should give me the space to isolate the turntable. So I think the appreciation of my vinyl will have to wait until then...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You need a new jar because YOU KNOW YOU WANT THEM