Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Lunch in the Park

Had a pretty stressful meeting this afternoon. I don't know how many times I have to tell people but computers are not psychic, they don't even listen very well, you're not going to be able to yell at an interface and get it work out what you want. You really need to provide
it with some information, and although it's somewhat limiting the keyboard and mouse are our best input devices.

As a result (of not feeling very well to start off with) and being barked at "why can it just show me blah, why do I have to put in blah before it will search for it?" for an hour, I took a lunch break out at Hyde Park. It's a pretty sunny day in Sydney so it was a pretty relaxing time out. I think I might have to start using the park that's just around the corner from my office back in Brisbane.

I've just started reading The Belgariad series, Pawn of Prophecy. I stole it off Ness after she powered through them when we were in Sydney a few weeks ago. I'm finding it a bit hard to put down, but I'm trying to pace myself because I only brought the first one with me. So book in hand, I cruised through the lunch break unfortunately it all finished up too quickly. :(

No comments: