Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Looking for something to read?

How about Google Reader? Google recently (actually I’m not sure how long it’s been out but I recently found it in the what’s new section) released an RSS feed reader. I’d never really got onto the RSS band wagon because I’d never really bothered downloading a Feed Reader. The best thing about the Google Reader is that it bundles up all your feeds into one page that you can check from anywhere, anytime. It’s linked to your Gmail account and basically means to end to forgetting to browse a particular site for news updates. Once you’ve added all your favourite site feeds, blogs etc. it becomes a constant steam of updates, the only problem is finding enough time to digest it all. It comes with all the things I’ve come to know and love about the Gmail interface, although it’s not quite as polished and some aspects are a little counter intuitive, but it is in beta. It does work much better in Firefox than it does in IE.

2 comments:

Amaya said...

blog blog blog ... someone might think you're a bit bored ;)

Now you just have to point out some good RSS feeds to me, particularly quirky portals. I have some RSS feeds on LJ but they're mostly from other friends blogs and/or webcomics.

Unknown said...

If only I was actually bored… the posts are the only things that are keeping me sane at the moment. That and the fact I can email from my phone! Had to trawl through 11000 lines of uncommented SQL code over the last two days. (which is now 12000 lines long, yay!) I found google reader on Sunday while I was waiting for something to commit, I haven't had any sort of real internet all week so I'll have a kazillion articles to read once I get back. Are you feeling better today? I've been feeling woeful all week! I'll send you all my feeds once I get to some real internet. BTW I can't believe you have such a geeky boss... {insert jealous face here}