Friday, February 11, 2005

Bargin Speaker Upgrade anyone?


I'm on a mailing list for an Australian auction house graysoline. Alot of the time they are just moving fairly ordinary goods that haven't been moved at a retail store etc. Yesterday however I got an update about some Accusound Speakers. I looked at this set of speakers a fair while ago when I was looking for my current set of wharfedales. When I looked at them they had a retail price of around $2499.

The series they are selling are the Eclipse ES-55 (although at the time they only came in black) in silver. Overall they are a pretty impressive speaker system. They come in a piano finish, all drivers are the same size in every unit, the front towers hold 3 drivers can handle 150W and have a range of 40Hz-21kHz.

They were reviewed by Sound and Image Magazine concluding

The Accusound Eclipse ES-55 surround speaker package provides an attractive dynamic performance in a set of beautifully made cabinets. For their budget price, they are well worth inspecting

(you can find the full article here).

The best thing is that at gray's online at the moment they have 15 pairs and they are around $350 including a subwoofer. If I wasn't on a technology ban I'd be buying a set for sure. Happy Bidding (BTW the auction is LOT 327839)

No comments: