Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Time for a Gaming post

My update is cugging away in the background so I thought it was a bit of a time for a gaming update (for those who are interested, phase one was going better than expected, phase however got held up by some reporting services but has finished...).

There has been some pretty big gaming changes in the last week. I finally entered the next gen arena with an XBox 360. The graphics do look impressive especially off the HDMI feed in 720p.
Even Ness made comment that the poor Wii looked 'fuzzy' after the 360 dashboard. The 360 has started to make it's way into the stereo as a media streamer. I downloaded the trial (and subsequently payed for) Connect360 application for the iMac and it's been fantastic. It instantly discovered my 360 and indexed my iTunes and iPhoto library and once searching for music on the 360 was available for streaming. I haven't run with any movie streaming as yet but so far it's done everything I would have wanted an AppleTV to do. It's even usable from the harmony which makes it a breeze to use.

On the Nintendo front we've started again on Galaxy and it's just a fantastic game everyone who picks it up loves it. It's far and away the title to own if you have a Wii. The DS has had a fair bit of work the last couple of weeks. I finished the single player campaign of CoD4 last week but had a chance to play some of the multiplayer games tonight during the load phase and it was great fun even with 2 players. The Hunt/Prey mode is a great variation on the standard deathmatch and the maps have been well made to handle the draw distances for the DS console. They also have an unusal setup that allows you to pick your start weapons, which can make for some interesting sniper vs rocket battles. I've also managed to finish Orcs and Elves this week so I'm going to be on the look out for another DS title in the not too distant future. Orcs and Elves was a good game but really only appeals to those who are a fan of the Ulitma Underworld games.

I've got a few more hours to go here and my next phase has finishde so I might have to add some more gaming later

No comments: