Thursday, December 06, 2007

Leg one finished..

Townsville to Sydney isn't one of the easier routes I have to fly. As it happens I get to make a pit stop in Brisbane for an hour. This isn't so bad because at least I get to have some breakfast and much needed caffeine. Again on the plus side with all the flying I've reached Gold Velocity status which means I'll have lounge membership until April 2009 (at least)! It's only a short stay with about another 30 mins before I board... provided nothing is delayed

Flight one was fairly uneventful, I managed to carve my way through a few more stages of CoD4 on the DS. Judging by the number of times I'm getting shot only to duck back behind cover and the number of enemies in each room there can't be too many left. It is definately one of the best FPS on the DS. The variation in the levels from standard FPS to manning chopper guns to night missions manning cannons in air support is strong point of the game.

Also I've been reconsidering my position on owning an Xbox 360. The release of the new Arcade edition for $399 with an included HDMI port has sparked my interest again. (Ness having a shoe shopping spree yesterday didn't hurt either)

Well not long until flight two now...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I only just saw the bit about HDMI yesterday. I thought it was a typo and that you only got HDMI on the expensive one. But that's a good deal. As long as it comes with the HD.

AH

Anonymous said...

Considering that was part of the appeal of the Elite, this version is quite a bargain. I thought it was a typo at first, I cant' even remember where i saw it. So I didn't really take any notice. That should also mean it is one of the new consoles with the improved architecture so less red ring. 3 year warranty aint bad though. Go for it. You wont regret it on that projector of yours.
AH

Anonymous said...

oh, I didn't read the bit at the top, I thought I had lost my first post...