Monday, December 17, 2007

And the Monday airport ritual continues

It's Monday, and in a surprise to almost no one, I'm at the airport. In something that will also fail to surprise, I'm delayed. I knew it was a bad sign when the ETD for the 5:20 flight to Sydney was 7:25. Hopefully I get out of here before then as that's when I was due to land in Sydney. The delay is due to Air traffic control in Sydney pushing back arrivals due to congestion, but how many flights have been in before the 5:25 from Brisbane?

The thing that is the most annoying is the fact I could have done with an extra hours sleep.

In other more exciting news we had a pretty good weekend. Last night Tom & Suse and Mandy & Tom came over to watch the a Very Specky Christmas, as a follow on after we'd been to the live show a few weeks ago. We also managed to fit in a bit of Galaxy, Gears, ZeroPunctuation (NSFW) and Cat Face. Saturday was pretty busy with some Christmas shopping (also some Galaxy shopping as well) before heading to house warming Christmas drinks and Arj Barker (it was a great show that I'd recommend going to if it wasn't already finished).

The rest of the weekend was filled with singing and preparations for Christmas, which included the first inflation of the AeroBed and some more reconfiguration of the Projector setup to accommodate the Xbox 360 and a (ridiculously cheap) HDMI switch from Zazz (the best bit of which was finding the remote codes first go on the Harmony).

As far as the Xbox 360 goes it didn't get quite as much love as the Wii (at least on the gaming side) which started glowing blue from neglect almost perfectly on queue as I finished configuring the 360. Ness played a few of the arcade games before getting frustrated with the control system and wanted a Wiimote back. I doubt either will get much love while I'm in Sydney but I have a feeling that Bejeweled will swing favour slightly in the 360's direction once it's discovered.

Depsite procrastinating with this blog post for about 40 mins I'm still not looking like boarding anytime soon so I might have start on a Wish List.

No comments: