Friday, December 21, 2007

And a year of travel comes to an end.

Yet another year is almost over and I'm in the Sydney Virgin Blue for my last flight of the Year. The last few weeks have been a nightmare of travel and long work hours but it seems to have paid off with a host of happy customers taking me to their Christmas parties this week. Unfortunately I haven't got any holidays left after the Europe trip so I'm working through the Christmas, New Year period but at least with work in Brisbane.

The airport is a bit crazy here today. I've been here since 3:30pm and my flight isn't until 7pm. I tried for an earlier one but there wasn't a seat to be had anywhere. Probably not helped by the fact that quite a few flights have been cancelled. They are starting to run later and later and there are rumours of a closure due to storms but I will get home eventually.

The lack of Internet this week has been a bit of a struggle but it's left something to entertain myself with at the airport (as well as the free alcohol).

In a bit of a change I've done all my Xmas shopping in Sydney. I had planned on a few presents from stores only in Brisbane but it would be cutting it a bit fine to organise once I got back so I found a few things in Sydney. I broke my budget as usually but I supplemented a little with the technology fund so I figure it doesn't really count.

I also had a bit of a trip down retro lane and picked up a copy of NFL Blitz for the Playstation. It was an arcade staple for Tom and I after NBA Hang Time (which Tom still has a N64 to play).

I attempted to look for a DS title after finishing all the new ones I brought with me but decided to replay Mario Kart DS (after I lost all my save data). There are quite a few titles on the Wii and 360 that I'll be looking forward to catching up on once I get a bit more time back in Brisbane.

If I don't get around to blogging again before hand hope you all have a Fantastic Christmas, Santa brings you everything you want and 2008 is even better.

No comments: