Monday, December 10, 2007

It's official... I've caved....

Tonight instead of the normal hanging out in my hotel room, I thought I'd venture out and get some dinner. On my way home I managed to stumble across something a little unusual for Townsville a store that was open after 5:30pm. The place was having a one day sale so I thought I'd have a look around. To cut a long story short after a little haggling on some already discounted product (and possibly taking advantage of a casual staff member's inexperience) I walked away a happy gamer with a new Xbox 360 Arcade and Gears of War. I did have to make one consession for the discounts and that was grabbing an HDMI cable to go with it... still ended up cheaper than the just console would have cost from EB and I didn't pay full price for the cable either.
Fortunately there is an HD Ready LCD in my hotel room so Gears got a bit of a work out tonight. Even on the cheap LCD it looks quite nice and I'm looking forward to playing it on the Epson when I get it home.

The Arcade version doesn't come with a HDD but does come with a memory card (which is enough to store quite a few saves for the moment. I also discovered a way to stream your iTunes library to the console so it might be a good way of getting some of the tunes down that way.

It looks like once again travelling has ended up with me finding a bargin!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent! Now all I need to do is install World of Warcraft onto your laptop before you leave and your journey towards the Dark Side will be complete.

Vanessa said...

It's really quite lucky that this morning I received notification of the next spencer and rutherford sale. Combined with my Japonica shoes, this has been an awesome week for accessories AND electronics.

Unknown said...

You are an evil man, lending me CoD4 and Halo 3 while I'm here... HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO GET ANY SLEEP?!

Unknown said...

I'm turning green with envy...just stay away from WoW. It's evil and a huge waste of time...take it from someone who got out of that cult just in time :)