Sunday, November 19, 2006

Still on a Musical High

After possibly the best performance I've ever given in a Musical Exam/audition on Friday I was (understandably I think) still on a bit of a high about the exam (the fact people keep asking me about it also helps). Regardless of the mark I come away with I at least now know how to deal with recital nerves!

On another upside (and a surprising result given my immune system's history) I managed to get over the cold I succumbed to just after my exam. After going generally down hill on Saturday followed by several sneezing fits on Saturday night I have pulled through today. Ness on the other hand is still suffering from the cold having succumbed on Thursday. It's a rather strange turn around but I'm not complaining!

On a disappointing note I managed to miss playing with the Wii on Saturday. I lined up for about 30 mins at EB in the city only to have them pack it up as I got to the front of the line over an hour early then scheduled! Not happy Nintendo! On the upside I did run in to a good friend from school who I hadn't spoken to in years! (Hi Chihiro!) He'd popped into EB for the new Guitar Hero II. (which incidently combined with singstar are almost enough for me to buy a PS2... almost)

With all the talk about the wii I got back to some old 'Cube games I hadn't played in ages. F-Zero GX (which I actually thought I'd traded) filled the whole that I have without a new Burnout Title at the moment. Great lack of Physics racing... I do have a bit of a Love/Hate relationship with the game so we'll see how long it last this time.

Also spent a bit of time mulling over the size of my next TV (technically the Loewe is aNess's as she picked it). I'd set my sights on the new Sony 60" SXRD display, but after a little measuring and discovering it takes almost my entire AV cabinet it might be a little on the large size. So we think it will end up being around the 50-55 display that the Loewe get's replaced with. Not that's happening any time soon but it was nice to dream for a little :)

All in all it was a great weekend, had almost every meal out and caught up with quite a few people. Well It's back to the work week tomorrow... but another sleep is another day closer to Wii Launch day :) (It's almost like having 2 Christmas Days this year)



No comments: