Sunday, November 12, 2006

So much xbox so little time...

I was going to give an update of what happened on the weekend but Ness has done that pretty well in her post so I'll concentrate on all the gaming stuff (A surprise I know).First of all, for a confessed puzzle gamer Ness is surprisingly addicted to New Super Mario Bros on the DS. I was about to trade it in on Mario Hoops (more on that later) but Ben and Mandy were so addicted to the mini games the other day I decided to hang onto it. After Ness played the mini games until she beat Ben's high score she started on the platformer and is now completely addicted. She's not quite at Diablo stage but definitely a new Tetris or Bust-a-move stage. The most amusing thing is the shrieks of "Noooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!" ever 5-10 mins :) Mario Hoops 3 on 3 is heaps of fun. Reminds me a lot of NBA HangTime64 on N64 (obviously). Not to hard to beat the opposition but doing stupidly impossible moves to get a basket just keep me coming back for more. Its heaps of fun... would be great as a multicart multiplayer. With the impending release of the Wii the Xbox has got a surprisingly large amount of attention. Today (somewhat resembling the Tupperware night) saw a few guys and a few Xboxes turn up to my house for hours of Battlefront-ing. Despite some small set backs (1. being late back from choir 2. Holding up ness from the trip to Ikea and generally taking over the house for gaming... Sorry 3. My Xbox (which is live enabled) refusing to talk to any of the non live Xboxes) the games got into full swing with 5 of us going hard at it until 4:30 when I had to head back to choir. I was planning on missing tonight but I got a last minute solo on the way out of this morning’s service.5 players worked pretty well... I had a few drop outs which would have made the number a bit better... I think 8 would be a nice optimal number but I might need to find a few more displays/Xboxes before then. Honours have to go to Ben though for his outstanding 147 point match. I don't think he won the map but 147 points is outstanding!
So as I've been typing this I think Ness has died a few more times in New Super Mario Bros the language when she dies has started to decline... Nothing like a platformer to pull out you best behaviour. Well that's about it for the Gaming update... oh except for some Wii stuff... It has been confirmed that games like Excite Truck will support custom soundtracks from the SD card not unlike the Burnout series. And there is even more Virtual Console Goodness on the way...Well I'm off to give the DS some love... with all the Xboxes in the house my Nintendo Fanboy halo might be slipping (and I need to keep the halo to detract from my blogger's hairstyle)


No comments: