Thursday, November 23, 2006

How do you hard reset an iPod?

Ok, I'm faced with an odd situation... My iPod is locked up...

I went to listen to a podcast this morning, selected the desired entry
as usual, hit play and.... hang....

Currently it's still hung on the almost playing screen... still
brighlty shining away... I figure by the time to go home it will be
completely flat and that will be enough of a hard reset.

It hasn't been a good week for the Apple hardware in out house with
the iMac starting to hang on boot....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hold the menu and middle button down for a few seconds until the apple logo appears.

Also, if it goes completly flat and you use a usb charger it will take a few minutes to get enough charge to be detected by your pc or to turn it on. A scary looking icon is displayed that gives the impression that it's not going to turn on at all

Valavien

Amaya said...

Yep what they said, menu and middle. My iPod has crashed twice in the time I've owned it which isn't too bad really.

The MacMini isn't faring as well but this seems to be owing to me using FrontRow constantly (it *is* the media machine) and Front Row being potentially the worst written piece of mac software I've encountred.

Amaya said...

Oh also...

I got hit by my flatmate for drawing his attention to new gadget sites but if you're not regularly looking at Zazz.com.au and the Aldi "surprise buys" you should be http://www.aldi.com.au/product_03/index.html