Tuesday, June 17, 2014

The tour bike

With the day fast approaching thought it was a good time to do an update about the bike I'm taking. After much debate it was finally decided that my trusty steelie the Colnago Tecnos Competition would get the nod for the trip to the mountains. 

It's an early nighties steel frame and one of the only frames Colnago ever realised with a weight limit. Despite that it's my most trusted ride and to make certain it's had a few European specific additions 


First of all the 3ttt accellero wheels made way for the more climbing specific Velocity A23 Pros. This was also followed by some Continental 25mm 4 Season tyres for a bit more traction (especially if it gets a little damp)

Last (but not least) was the inclusion of a SRAM WiFli kit taking the rear cluster to 11-32. As I've always run standard cranks (53/39) it was a much easier option than swapping to a compact crankset and still left me with a 53/11 for those long descents. 

It served me well on the Rapha Gentlemen's race on the weekend with road much rougher than I ever expect to see on the European Tour.




No comments: