Thursday, April 24, 2008

More Region hacks

Inspired by the region hacking of the hotel player in Sydney (and the discovery that although my LG BH100 will play all region Bluray discs it will only play Region 4 DVDs) I had a bit of a play around with the settings. There isn't a hack posted anywhere but I tried some of the hacks from other players and I found how to get to the EERPOM Settings for the BH100.
Turn the player on (with no disc in)
Press PAUSE, 1, 4, 7, 2
and Voila!

The values displayed are

41 55 00 8D 00 05 00 50

I'm assuming I'd be able to change the region codes from here but who knows which one. I haven't tried changing anything yet for fear of bricking it. I'm hoping to find a few other peoples settings (from other regions) to see if we can figure out which value does which.

No comments: