Sunday, April 06, 2008

And the 360 goes down hill a little more...

So... after letting the 360 rest of a little while I turned it back on today (no memory/hdd attached and plugged into the TV) booted ok. So then tried to insert the memory to do a reset... Hang... Restarted, inserted the card with a E71 code (no more E74 in sight). So back to the web... Found some better descriptions on the errors.

E74: There is high chance it's a scaler chip problem (the "ANA" or "HANA"
chip near the AV cable connection) it can also be caused by a faulty AV
cable
Which makes a bit more sense with the Projector having a hissy fit. Now the E71 error made a little more sense.

E71: possibly a dashboard update error, Check below in the "Console Reset Codes"
for instructions. If that does not work there is no other solution and the
console must be sent back to MS for repair.
So I took the card out and rebooted, thinking I could lose all the old memory and saves.... now it's another error...
E79: Hard Drive Error... It could be a problem with the Hard Drive itself or a
problem with the internal connection to the hard drive, Try removing the hard
drive and playing without it. Also the error code if xam.xex could not be
started, i.e. probably a file system corruption.
This one is staying put though... Ironic as I don't have a Hard Drive. Every reboot now is this error so it looks like I have a call to MS Support to make... Yay...

In other news, I'm getting a cold... it must be a good one, the people at soccer thought I had a hang over. I do feel pretty miserable... I'm really looking forward to the flight to Sydney tomorrw now!

No comments: