Friday, June 02, 2006

Old games a DeLite (more than first impressions)

The trouble with a new gadget like the DS Lite is that it's such an improvement of the Original DS that all my old titles are new again.

The screen is the biggest improvement and as such all the games take on a completely new look. The differentiation in colour is so much stronger that scenes have greater depth and are more vibrant. The courses in Mario Kart DS are like new again!

Now I have to find time to play all the old games over again!

My only problem with the DS Lite over the original is in some of the fast paced action of Metroid Prime Hunters there is a tendency for your (well at least my finger anyway) to slip onto the edge of the touch screen causing a random and erratic turn of your player. It's probably something that will disappear after a little more time playing and is probably a bad habit I picked up playing on the original, but never the less it is my only annoyance.

For now it's a new gadget that I'm itching to pick up and play...

No comments: