Monday, April 23, 2012

The Frankenbike

The Frankenbike (Aka Avanti Monza)
As I posted earlier my poor Malvern Star Sportif frame had met with and untimely end and sadly had it's last ride on the epic commute back from the gold coast.
The Malvern Star on it's last commute

This has all changed now thanks to the awesome work by Bicycle Revolution.

I walked in and said I was looking for a frame to replace the one that was rusting through. He said they might have one that would work out and proceeded to take me out through the back to an enormous shed lined with as many frames as they could fit.
After much deliberation I settle on one hanging just near the front from Avanti that looked in pretty good condition. I had set my heart on a blue frame but everything I found was either the wrong type, size or rustier than the one I was replacing. After a short stint in the shop she came back rebuilt as the Avanti Monza, which I've nicknamed the Frankenbike. It's first big test will be on a few rides this week..
A mirror in it's new form from the last ride as the sportif

No comments: