Friday, June 22, 2007

What's old is new again....

In the last couple of days I've picked up some old games that I haven't played in ages and it's been like discovering a couple of new games all over again. First oldy of the rank was Halo 2. I actually traded my copy of it in over a year ago but with Ben staying with us I've assimilated his xbox gear. I was looking for something to test out the new Live headphones I got (and the load times in Half Life 2 were just too annoying). The Ear Force AXT are the headphones  I  picked up from Harvey Normans for $30, aside from a hiss form the amplifier the unit comes with they are great for gaming and the simulated surround does a pretty good job at accurately reproducing the sound stage. So with Half Life 2 being annoying in the loading stakes Halo 2 seemed like a logical choice. So it's managed to keep it's place in the Xbox for a few days now as I'm starting to enjoy it again after it drove me to bordem last time... I'm not sure it won't happen again but in short bursts it's been fun... especially to test the AXTs.

The other game I pulled out for some more FPS time was Red Steel on the Wii. The time crisis combined with a regular style shooter is the most appealing factor. Once you get over the fact it's not a traditional FPS and play it more like a "On Rails" game it really comes into it's own. Running through a hallway picking off enemys as you go is where it shines. Ironically it was the defending Mega Strike goals in Mario Strikers Charged that got me back into wanting to play Red Steel in the first place.

Tonight (and most of the weekend probably) I'll be putting in a concerted effort into God of War II on the PS2, I've got a fairly quiet weekend so I'm sure there'll be some gaming time in there somewhere.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Based on how many posts CamDS has made today, I'd say that his customer's go live is going fairly well... BTW, bring all your PS2 games over to put on my PS3!