Monday, June 11, 2007

The Gaming weekend that was....

With Ness heading to Melbourne for most of the week and weekend I embarked on a gaming weekend. With Mario Strikers and Puzzle Quest hanging around there was little else that was going to get a look in but I did give the Xbox some love with a few hours of Half-Life 2.
Mario Strikers has turned out to be a fantastic multiplayer game. So far I haven't put in any time toward the single player with Ben and Tom here for about 6 hours there was nothing but VS mode with plenty hip and shoulder tactics. The online component seems to work just as well. Very little lag even with my console at the other end of the house from my Wifi Router. The game mechanics are really simple and are well implemented on the Wiimotes. The best of these has to be the Hip and Shoulder move the smashes your opponent when you shake the Wiimote. I think this will be the first title to challenge Wii Sports for multiplayer time on my Wii. All I need now is someone else to buy it so I can challenge a friend online!

There's already been enough said on Puzzle Quest with the Druid's Diary so I'm not going to babel any more about it here.

1 comment:

Aj said...

So you're saying that tom and I should get Mario Strikers?