Wednesday, January 17, 2007

A week of long days and faulty keys...

Progress bars have been my bane this week. The current site where I'm working has a lot of data to move around and every time you need to restore or migrate a system from one environment to another you can pretty much write off half a day. On top of that it's getting to the pointy end for this and another site (who are both going live in the same week) so there have been an endless number of other meetings that have impacted on my time... So today (as with the rest of the week) I'm still onsite working away... (I'm waiting for the last 50,000 records to import so i thought I'd fill in the time hence the post) This will make it 3/3 this week in locking up my customer site... The only problem with that is once I'm out I don't have access to get back in so I'm limited on how late I stay by my first bathroom break...

In other frustrations of the week my most used 'Shift' key (the right one) is playing up. I'm not sure if it's software or hardware related... but it's really starting to annoy me. I (this 'I' took 5 goes to get capital) might have to go and steal a USB keyboard from someone's desk...

Well enough blogging it's back to work...

No comments: