Wednesday, January 03, 2007

The ultimate accessory...

The Wii has become an essential item when ever I go to someone's place. I think the key in gauging it's success is that even when it's getting late in the evening the cries of "Just one more game" are always heard. Parent's are always the most resistant but the first to ask for one more game after they get the Wiimote in their hands. Tom goes down as the most easily addicted though, putting in a Mammoth 6 hour Boxing session despite being at my place for some Xbox time.

The tiny little device (I say tiny because it's dwarfed by every other piece of equipment in my entertainment unit, even my power board in bigger) is now the most used bit of gear I have. Here's a few reasons why it's come to the for front :-
  • Browsing the Web
  • Watching You tube vids on my TV (through the wii)
  • Google Reader from the Couch
  • Being able to use the wii as a Media Centre
  • Weather Channel
  • Virtual Console (with arcade sticks)
  • Playing my iTunes Library from the Wii
  • The whole Gamecube back catalog
  • Homebrew community taking the console and running with it....
All that and I haven't even started on Wii sports!

No comments: