Thursday, December 21, 2006

Tennis Pwo!

Last night (after quite a few hours of Wii Sports over the last couple weeks) I finally got one of my Miis to Pro in Tennis! Would have been nice if it changed my Mii some how (or gave me a sparkling bowling ball like in Bowling) but having the [PRO] next to the Mii name does help.

I also managed to get the last few presents for Ness for Christmas which means we are officially finished all the Xmas shopping!!! Probably won't stop me from doing some Christmas shopping for me :)

The other big news (well Wii wise) of the week was the release of the new Forecast Channel. It's basically an interactive Weather Channel giving you Current Conditions, Tomorrows Conditions and a 5 Day outlook all thrown in with a Google Earthesk view of conditions around the globe. It's great, means I have another reason for switching on the Wii every morning, much better than having to sit through Sunrise to find out what the day has in store. One of the nice touches I noticed this morning is when the forecast is showers (as it is for tomorrow) there is the soothing sound of rain played over the trance like background.

As Ben rightly pointed out, Nintendo came through with my rant of a few days ago and when they release the new Channel update it was accompanied by a nice message and a blue flashing light on the console. Clearly it was my post that got the ball rolling :)

Later this week we are due to get the Opera Browser (and the rumor of the News Channel). Hopefully tomorrow will see me return to a house bathed in the soft Blue glow of new content. With a browser on the wii (that's flash compatible) I'll be able to do all my early morning Google Reader catch up from the lounge without having to boot up my Laptop :)
http://www.opera.com/img/products/devices/nintendo/wii/releasedate_comic.gif

Anyway it's almost the last day of work before the xmas break which should see some dedicated time with the titles I haven't touched on the wii and some of the GCN titles I'm yet to finish. Bring on the Holidays!

No comments: