Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Only 2 More Swiips!

So now I'm over the missing iPod fiasco I'm back for some Wii news. Earlier in the wiik (well it is launch day this week) it was revealed that there have been 30,000 pre orders for the Wii in Australia. Considering our market size (and the amount of advertising although better than normal Nintendo levels) that's a pretty big number. This is on the back of news that there were 400,000 consoles sold in the first day in Japan.

In not so happy news the release of GT Pro Series has been delayed to the 20th. Not sure where that puts the Myer pre-order offer but I guess time will tell. Some have reported being offered other games as a replacement which wouldn't be a bad thing!

Also there are some of the catalogs out for their Wii Launches. Kmart has the games for $89 and Wii Play for $69.95.

http://www.vooks.net/images/kmart.jpg

Target are even cheaper with $79.95 and Wii Play for $64.95 so I think I'll have someone staking out Target while I'm queuing up at Myer!
Catalogue page 10 enlargement

I'm thinking about the Wii grips as well (for $14.95) but I think I'll see them in the flesh before I pick one up...

No comments: