Monday, December 04, 2006

Bit more on the weekend

The weekend was a particularly busy one. One of the biggest aspects was all the singing I had to do and that started on Thursday. A service Thursday night before heading to Trivia. (On the subject of trivia I was no help at all in the music round this week, David Bowie and Ziggy Stardust really aren't my strong point) We went fairly well, but Ness has already blogged about that.

Friday was a tough day as I left my phone at home in the morning (realising just as I hopped on the bus). Surprisingly I only managed 4 missed calls and 0 messages for the whole day. Friday Night I had to sing again (this time only rehearsal) after which I headed to the City to meet Ness (looks like the tried and true pre-arranged meeting point still works even in the age of continuous communication) and put in some Christmas shopping time. We had a great little dinner at Cafe Mondial and toyed with the idea of having desert at Shlix (but decided against it). Was a fairly late night considering I had to sing again the next morning.

Saturday (after some more singing) we stopped off at Vitality on James St. to pick up some lunch supplies... They had a little demo on of some pre cooked meals so after a couple of taste tests we were buying just about every one in the range. Some great Gluten Free stuff all locally made and even after microwave reheating is almost restaurant quality stuff.

Organised to pick up Dad's car in the afternoon because after selling the Blue car we've got a spare car spot and Dad's got one car too many for the garage. Was an interesting experience. The electrics are a little on the shakey side. Being a 1972 car about twice the mass and size of MinX it was a little bit of adjusting before getting used to it. It's back safe and sound in the garage and I don't have to think about it too much until I have to take it out again.

I was supposed to go out with my cousins after dinner out with a few friends but buy the time I got home I was starting to feel pretty sick and ended up spending most of the night awake.

Sunday wasn't an easy start after being awake until 3:30am but I still managed to make it for the singing. Then it was out to pick up my hire car which turned out to be an ordeal. The only car they had was going to run out of rego while I was in Lismore. So after 45 minutes of mucking around they came to the conclusion that I could take the one they had and swap it for another one at Coolangatta airport on my way to Lismore. The only problem with this plan was that I wasn't planning on leaving Brisbane until 7:30 and it's at least 2 and a half to Lismore.

Anyway we had a bit more shopping to do as with our new hire car we could actually fit stuff in a boot. The main objective for the day was another tree for the Christmas forest, something that is fast becoming a Christmas tradition for us. Got a nice tall fibre optic one 7 foot tall!. Now all we need is a 10 foot one :)

No comments: