Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Cannon Fodder for Metroid Prime: Hunters

Metroid on the DS is a great game there is no doubt about it. The utilisation of the touch screen for a mouse like pointing device gives the best control for a console first shooter ever (in my opinion). Also the use of the graphics capability of the DS has managed to create a realistic visual environment and the whole single player game has a haunting and lonely atmosphere to it even on such a small screen.

All this combined with the ability to play other people online in a subsciption free service is the final piece in making a great FPS shooter.

The only problem is I'm not very good at it. I love the game, but as an opponent online I don't seem to be much of a challenge... as a result I've taken the stance of changing my name to CannonFodr (I'm only allowed that many characters in my name). The marketing catch phrase for the game seems some how appropriate for my current online experience... "More Hunters, more ways to die"

I've only managed to come first once in the whole time I've played online. I really enjoy it, I just can't seem to master the tricks necessary to come up as No.1 in a battle. At least I can console myself with a few rounds of MarioKart online.

No comments: