Monday, March 20, 2006

New Camera Toy!

Totally integrated performance  
I took the plunge and picked myself up a new camera to take on our honeymoon to Tasmania. Usually I just borrow someones higher end point and shoot (like my dad's Panasonic DMC-FZ20S). I really enjoy taking photos (not that I'm very good at it by any means) and thought I should take the step up and get one of my own. I didn't really want to go to a full D-SLR but having the flexability of manual focus and zoom was something I really wanted because a lot of the auto functions never do exactly what you want.  I was very tempted by the big brother of the Panasonic the DCM-FZ30, but in the end I decided to go with the Fuji Finepix 9500s. It got a few more favourable reviews from the Panasonic and runs on standard AA batteries which was a huge plus!

I haven't played with it much, basically taken it out of the box and tested that it worked. I came with a 16mb XD card but with a 9M Super CCD that is only 6 photos which means I might be looking for some more media in the not to distant future (and probably a Flickr Pro account)

No comments: