Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Cool DS (and general other) Stuff

So I finally got around to blogging again after my weekend update. I've looked at the blogger page about 20 times but something else has always come ip and I haven't got around to posting. There have been some really good things for the DS turn up this week. Not to mention all the reviews for the DS Lite, this review especially cemented my need for the new version. The screen looks like the jump that we had from the GBA SP to the DS. This post I stumpled across on gizmodo is completely useless but cool none the less.
Virtual PC Desktop on the DS: "This is a piece of software, but it's a fascinating use of the DS' Wi-Fi capabilities. It's essentially a version of VNC that can run on the DS and shows two screens—a larger version of the full PC screen and a zoomed window. The software is completely homebrew and it's called PointyRemote, which could also be the name of a death metal band.
There has also been huge amounts of speculation on the new Origami and UMPC. It would want to have a host of functionality judging by some of the pictures that have been released... Let's just say there are house bricks with more style. Anyway it will be interesting to see what there actually market is for this device.

On the entertainment front I've managed to get myself totally hooked on Season 2 of BSG... the unfortunate thing is the second season is almost finished in the US which means it will be a long wait until Season 3.

I've also rediscovered my love for the Burnout Series on the Xbox. I've realised I've only clocked about 4 hours up on Burnout: Revenge where I'd managed to hit 70 hours on the last title before I traded it in.

The new MX5 has had very little attention over the last couple of weeks. At the moment I'm still in the "Makes me smile every time I drive it stage" and thanks to the Tape adapter with the MD player I've got all the music on the go.

No comments: