Friday, March 10, 2006

Back to Indoor

This season I've gone back into full swing at indoor. I've gone back to Soccer and Cricket this season. Soccer last night turned out to be a pretty late game but we had another good win... 14-5 in the end but it was a pretty hard slog at times. I scored a few goals but I was the happiest with my keeping effort, managed not to let a single one though against some guys who played superleague last year. We haven't had many players so far this season so we've been running low on subs, at least it will help keep me fit having to play 3 quarters on the court and one in goals.

At the risk of jinxing myself Cricket has also been going really well this season. I got some tips on batting from one of the guys at the end of last season and it has really help. Have managed to get some confindence back in my batting and have concentrated on working it around rather than trying to belt every ball to the back net. Hopefully I can keep it going because I've managed to average 2.5 runs for every ball I face and the first two games were against the top team in the grade.

The only thing I haven't missed about playing every week is the continual state of healing my knees and elbows are in...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

But... but... but... belting it to the back net every ball is the best way to play!! ARGH!!!