Saturday, July 23, 2005

New Music

I was lucky enough to catch a concert on Friday night from Topology and Tyrone at the Brisbane Powerhouse.

This was on the back of purchasing the Palimpsest CD. It is the debut solo project from singer from Tyrone Noonan.


The concert with Topology was excellent. It was an eclectic mix of contemporary songs from the likes of the Finn Brothers, the Rolling Stones and others teamed with a few original compositions all given the Topology work over. I don't think "Satisfaction" will ever be the same again. It was a thoroughly enjoyable evening and event. Having never heard Topology before I was impressed with their own blend of classical flair. My favourite piece from them was the composition from Robert Davidson (the double bassist) for Viola, Sax and Double Bass. I guess it was more of a quartet of instruments in the end than a trio as the Double Bass was also used for percussion.

No comments: