Monday, December 06, 2004

Re-wire.... Continued

Well I started the re-wire on Satuday morning. I was one Digital Audio Cable short as I now had Digital Audio on my DTV STB. I'd temporarily stolen the cable from my Mini-disc player. I managed to arrange the purchase of a new cable, despite the current technology ban, so I set out in search of a new Digital Audio cable. I had noticed that the IXOS XHD608 had won the award for best digital coaxial cable in the What Hi-Fi Awards 2004. As I was only going a short distance I decided I would get one to upgrade the audio lead for the DVD player and demote the Optical cable to the MD Player.



Despite my scepticism on the improvement a digital cable upgrade could offer (it's digital... surely the signal isn't going to change with a better cable) It did actually sound crisper and the bass was more defined... It may be due to the fact I went from Optical to Digital which does remove the need to go from Electrical->Optical and back again....

No comments: