Thursday, December 30, 2004

I love my Amplifier

Ok I just had to add this about the wiring mishaps that occured.
Due to the shear number of components and the number of different connections (and the limited space in the back of the Cabinet), I managed to hook a few things note quite right.
  1. Hooked the Optical Cable for the X-Box to the input for the Digital TV box
  2. Hooked the X-box and Gamecube to the wrong inputs.
  3. Hooked the Digital TV box to the wrong Optical Input.
  4. Hooked the Centre Speaker to the Centre Rear.

Fortunately it's was only a few clicks through the menu that managed to solve the problem. The Yamaha has the option to reassign inputs which allowed me to re-assign the incorrect inputs. (Apart from the Centre speaker which I had to change the plugs) Much easier than searching through the maze of wires at the back of the amplifier.

No comments: