Thursday, January 29, 2009

A quick stop over in Hobart

I'm in Hobart today (actually more specifically just south in Huonville but for the purposes of the story Hobart is fine) and it's hot. Not hot by Brisbane standards but definitely hot. The other (slightly annoying) thing is the lack of internet coverage here, neither my 3 or Optus wireless cards get 3G reception so I'm relegated to GPRS, not the best standard for trying to traverse the internet let alone catch up on work things.

 

It’s Zach’s first plane trip and he did an fantastic job, only had a little complain mid flight and slept for the whole descent. So far (touch wood) he’s been very easy to travel with, aside from all the extra gear that has to come with us.

 

Still it's nice down here and will give me a change to try out the new camera a bit more on the weekend. I bought a GorillaPod tripod with me (to save lugging another big thing around with us, trust me the stokke bag is well and truly big enough), the gorillapod should be interesting to try out. There isn't a lot of light polution here so I might try for some star shots.

No comments: