Monday, February 04, 2008

Another wet day in Sydney

Today has been a horribly wet day in Sydney. I got completely soaked on the way home. The whole place is a wet shade of grey. The wind is really strong as well it's been blowing so hard the whole balcony of the apartment is soaked.

The weather was particularly bad at lunch. Everyone was trying to keep out of the rain so the cafe's in the building were packed and out of food, without an umbrella I resorted to the vending machine in the office. Fortunately tonight I didn't have to venture too far to get some good Thai food.



The weekend was great, I made it back for some of the 20/20 cricket although the match was all but over by the end of the Indian innings. I headed to Freestyle to meet Ness at the tail end of a birthday party.

Saturday Dad and I headed to the Motorshow. There weren't a few missing big names like Porsche and Lambo. Still a good show lots of nice car. Also ran into Mick and Brad while they were waiting for Craig Lowndes to sign autographs at the Ford stand.

Saturday night Ness and I had a night out to Tonic and to watch Juno. Tonic was ok, the food was really good but the service (for the price) was very ordinary. Juno was a good movie and even though I didn't have the same wait to see it as Mandy it's definately worth seeing.

Sunday a few people came over for lunch and some Wii time. A great lunch, both thanks to Ness's great Spanish style food and some of the best Wii Tennis points ever. Tom took some great shots of the Wii Zapper action and the lunch.

This week has it's another week in Sydney but I'm going to be back in time on Friday to head to the A League Semi final.

Oh and in some tech news I put a Dual Format High Def player on hold with the idea of jumping into the next gen HD media format war without picking a side. The other advantage is that I can take advantage of some other big sales at Amazon, probably more news on that to come soon.

No comments: