Monday, October 16, 2006

Monday d'jobs

I started today with a list of jobs and although I couldn't get them all done today I managed to get heaps of stuff done. Also I now have a pre-made list for tomorrow!

Two of the biggest jobs of the day were the cars getting fixed. MinX went in to get the stuff that didn't get fixed when it got serviced last week and didn't. I'm actually at the stage of writing a complaint letter for the last service (yes it's a job on the list). As an example I told the last service place (Eagers Mazda at Newstead) that the handbrake seemed to be slipping and that the brakes seemed a bit soft. They assured me that they'd check it out. When I got it back didn't seem much better but they said the brakes were thoroughly and nothing was wrong. When I took it to my regular service center, it was discovered that the rear calipers weren't operating, in fact with the brake petal flat to the floor you could turn the rear wheels by hand. So they are off getting fixed. There were a few other things that they fixed for free. So it shouldn't too expensive. The blue car wasn't quite as much fun. The whole assembly that holds up the window is broken and it's not a cheap part.... $470, but can't really do without a drivers window.

The last week I've had some really good online gaming with Star Wars: Battlefront II. It's my new Counter Strike replacement on the Xbox. It's heaps of fun and with the style of play and the fairly quick rounds it makes a great pick up and play title online. Valavien started the switch to the Star Wars shooter but I haven't managed to catch up with anyone online yet. The last few tries for Xbox live gaming nights haven't resulted in much participation but by pure weight of numbers I'm bound to hit someone online sooner or later.

I'm trying to get as much Xbox time in before the Wii comes out because I imagine Red Steel will quickly over take any of the Xbox shooters once it's release. With the Wii being online as well the Xbox might get the back seat for a while.

Well I might finish this post so I can fit in a few more rounds before I head to bed...




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Eagers Mazda are evil. They have done two shoddy jobs on my car and when they did a wheel alignment they stuck the steering wheel on wrong. If anybody ever thought it'd be a good place to go, think again.