Monday, February 13, 2006

Out on the open road....

In a fortunate turn of evens I managed to get the car out for some open top running on the weekend.
I picked up the car Thursday night and took it for a nice run down to Springwood and back, just to stretch it's legs and show Valavien my new toy.

So when I had to go to Pittsworth on Sunday to sing so there was no choice but to take MinX up the range and out on the back roads! MinX is just a pleasure to drive. Everything about the car makes you want to drive it, from the driving position to the great exhaust note as you push your right foot that little bit further down.

We managed to get through almost all of the weekend with the top down, there was just a bit of rain on the way back after we'd got down the range that forced us to put the top back up.

The best trip of the weekend was a cruise out near Picnic Point in Toowoomba at dusk, the weather was cool, the sunset was great... I was just upset I forgot to take my camera with me... oh well there's always next time.

The other open roading on the weekend was back on the bike after a few weeks. It was a great ride out through the city to UQ and back through Graceville to West End before heading home (pretty much the route of last year's big bike ride). The only downer (apart from all the hills, and I hate hills) was getting a Flat on the way home. Not too bad, just a tube ($9), but it was annoying because I was 5k from home without a patch kit, so I had to wake up Ness to come and get me... Luckily I haven't sold the Blue Car yet so I can still get the bike home, once we're down to just MinX it's going to be a long walk!

No comments: